Join a global manufacturing organisation (James Walker UK) providing a vast range of high-performance products and associated knowledge-based services to virtually every industry sector. The activities at James Walker range from research and development, product application and manufacture, to on-site condition monitoring and maintenance.
Utilising state-of-the-art skills in materials technology combined with intimate knowledge of the industrial plant and processes used by our customers worldwide enables us to solve their engineering problems with best value systems designed to minimise total cost of ownership and maximise productivity. This approach has produced many technological breakthroughs that have been welcomed by environmentally conscious companies worldwide.
Research and development is a fundamental part of the company’s strategy and commitment to developing new and innovative products for the future of industry.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Digital Marketing Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Support the sales team in the UK with the identification of opportunities in new and existing customers using digital marketing techniques.
- To assist in delivering focused sales and marketing plans/campaigns across multiple channels, including email marketing and web analytics.
- Provide support in defining a strategy and digital marketing plan which enhances brand awareness for both new and existing customers, leading to cross-selling opportunities.
- Analyse the existing database of prospects and account customer activity.
- Highlighting trends of strengths and weaknesses within the brand and product profile.
- Measure and report the return on marketing activities and campaign performance to key stakeholders (including Marketing and Management).
- Work with the Marketing Manager and General Sales Manager to research digital marketing developments and inform short and long-term campaign strategies that leverage the latest available techniques.
Experience and skills/competencies:
- Understanding of campaign management
- Understand the need for marketing in a sales environment
- Demonstrate previous experience of working in a full-time working environment
- Customer focused with customer service ethos
- Credible, professional and emotionally intelligent
- Knowledge of engineering/ engineering background
- Understanding of sealing technology and applications across a broad section of industries
- Understanding of sales techniques – especially in consultative and value selling
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills at various levels of a business
- Strategically focused, and have willing to develop excellent commercial and analytical skills
- Able to overcome barriers, manage objections and handle rejections
- Highly motivated with the capability to work in a self-directed environment
- Able to problem solve and willing to make focused and considered decisions
- Adaptable to change (trainable and coachable)
- Able to build excellent relationships
- IT and Microsoft Office Skills
- Able to develop compelling marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of engineering terminology
- Project Management experience
- CRM (or equivalent) experience
- Understanding of how to communicate at multiple business levels
- Strong evidence of network development
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Preferred: Additional qualification in a science or engineering subject.
What to expect:
- Join a well-established organisation with friendly and supportive team members
- Opportunities to travel to exhibitions, conferences and manufacturing
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunities to develop new skills and career prospects within the organisation
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.