Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building enterprise cloud computing solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Professional Services Internship program. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from public sector organizations, to nimble startups, to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, White Papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone. As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, selected interns will receive a full-time offer to join the Professional Services Consultant Program or the Tech U program depending on your specialization. These are accelerated workforce development programs focused on helping recent graduates and early career professionals build technical and professional skills to jump-start technical careers at AWS.
Amazon internships are full-time (38 hours/week) and normally run for 8-12 consecutive weeks with timelines dependent on country locations.
The program offers the opportunity to specialize in an area of interest including:
- DevOps Specialist - A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect - An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Application Developer - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or server less architecture.
- Big Data & Analytics - Big Data role supports our services that leverage data and produce business insights, which may include using Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI). Helping our customers use and integrate Big Data services in what is arguably our industry’s most exciting space. The portfolio of services covers EMR (Hadoop), DynamoDB (NoSQL), MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra.
- Security Consultant - supports our services that have a focus on enabling security specialists using AWS Services including Identity Access Management (IAM), GuardDuty, Shield, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, CloudHSM, Inspector etc. Within AWS, security is job zero, and we believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with products targeted for security professionals.
Come chart your own path at AWS.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment AND WE encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
- Currently in your penultimate or final year of a degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Technology / Related science/technical field. Ideally completing this degree post-internship.
- Interest and aptitude to learn about and deliver cloud-based solutions to customers.
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ OR the interest and technical ability to learn a programming language.
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies; Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3,
- Fluency in a second language.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.