We have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our growing team in Shifnal. This role is working for Mott MacDonald but will involve working across our joint venture business giving you the opportunity to work with JN Bentley and Mott MacDonald colleagues.
As a graduate in our Shifnal team, your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of water/wastewater projects of various sizes from outline design through to completion
- Prepare outline and detailed civil engineering designs
- Produce technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules
- Work in close partnership with clients and contractors
- Develop your technical and project management skills
- Deliver detailed civil designs for multi-disciplinary water / wastewater schemes
- Preparation of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate with a genuine passion for Water Engineering.
To apply for this scheme you will have achieved a degree in Civil Engineering (BEng) or a post graduate qualification (MSc) and must have a strong interest in the Water sector.
We are looking for a graduate with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
Is this the right graduate role for you?
We aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. With our innovative graduate development portal, you’ll be able to track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto ‘Accelerate Your Future’, a three-year programme which develops your strengths; it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and business challenges.
You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th November