At DVLA Digital we focus on user needs, whether that is a citizen, an organisation or an internal user. We are committed to providing the most efficient, effective and secure services to meet the needs of a diverse and ever growing digitally aware customer base.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer focussed on Telecoms, you will be involved in a range of diverse projects, helping to deliver our new telephony system. You will be a subject matter expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge as well as being critical to developing others. You will use your knowledge to work with minimal supervision, reviewing existing processes with the objective to make changes to improve services, helping to define and implement technical best practice.
You will act as the escalation point for the 4th Line Engineers, overseeing and arranging work plans and providing general support.
Include but not limited to
- Leads technical implementation of small and medium infrastructure or voice routing software change. Contributes into large infrastructure change and technical designs, including identifying risks. Works within a technical framework of the Project to meet customer requirements
- Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Supports and stands in for the team leader as necessary.
- Manages systems within OLA/SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis
- Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems
- Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer’s business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve complex problems. Engages with third parties/vendors to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
As an expert in all things Telecoms and communications, you will be well versed managing high volume call centre technologies and have a keen eye for detail. You will have a solid understanding of cloud based contact centre solutions (CCaS) within telephony and stay up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
This is an important role within the team as you will be required to plan, support and sometimes lead the development and implementation of new technologies. This includes providing support to junior staff and building successful relationships with key stakeholders.
Working for the DVLA Digital Team
At the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) our work matters. We’re at the forefront of digital within government, providing new and improved services that are reliable, easy to use and offer value for money for our customers. With over 49 million driver records and over 40 million vehicle records, the opportunity to work at this scale is unrivalled across the region. Our services generate billions in revenue and make a difference to the lives of 9 out of 10 households in the UK.