The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring that Scrum is understood and that the Delivery Team adhere to Scrum theory and practices. Helping those outside the Scrum Team understand how to interact with the team in order to maximize the value delivered by the team.
Acting as a Senior Coach to the multi-disciplinary Development Team by helping them to understand the principles of self-organisation and become a self-organising team. The Scrum Master works collaboratively with Product Owners and technical colleagues (e.g. software developers, testers) who develop digital solutions that deliver value to customers and the business and this will involve techniques for effective Product Backlog prioritisation and understanding product planning in an empirical environment.
Include but not limited to
- Coaching technical specialists towards agile working practices that may assist with the delivery.
- Championing visibility of development team progress and the importance of this for an empirical delivery environment.
- Raise awareness of Lean working and metrics to enable analysis of Development Team throughput and improvement.
- Lead a delivery methodology that allows for experimentation and adaptation.
- Challenge colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that the purpose of the Scrum Team is understood.
You put Agile values at of the heart of everything you do and have a deep understanding of Scrum methodologies. You’ll approach the challenge of helping the wider organisation to understand the benefits of Scrum with positivity - having faced similar challenges before. You will be someone who has strong coordination, communication and organisation skills to coach and influence various cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.