Service designers design the end-to-end journey of a service. This helps a user complete their goal and government deliver a policy intent. In this role, your work may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by DVSA.
As a Senior Service Designer you will have ownership and accountability for the coherence of a service. You will approach services with a design perspective and will surface and collaboratively solve problems with existing processes during the re-design and digitisation of these services.
Collaboration with other disciplines is key to delivering the best service to users. Content Designers work closely with people such as policy experts, user researchers, data analysts, developers, service designers and interaction designers.
Include but not limited to
- Work with the Head of Service Design and User Research and the Head of Content Design to design and implement a content strategy for services.
- Planning, designing and deciding which user journey flows to implement to ensure that digital services meet the needs of users, are easy to use and standards compliant.
- Identify and chart the relationship between different elements of the service system and be able to present findings back to wider development team.
- Will prototype website designs and UI elements as required.
- Play a leading role in developing a user centred design community that will discuss methods, best practice and identify areas for improvement.
You will be a passionate advocate and thought leader in user needs-based design, design research, design thinking, and service design. You will look for creative ways to meet the users needs whilst operating within the Government Digital Service (GDS) best practice. The ability to lead and communicate effectively across multidiscipline teams will also help you succeed.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.